how can a medigap plan save you money

How Can a Medicare Supplement Plan (Medigap) Save You Money?

As people age, the likelihood of requiring medical attention increases significantly. For individuals age 65 and over, healthcare expenses can become a considerable financial burden. Fortunately, there is a solution that can help alleviate the cost of healthcare for seniors – Medigap.

Medigap, also known as Medicare Supplement Insurance, is a type of private insurance that helps cover the “gaps” in Medicare coverage. This means that it helps pay for out-of-pocket costs, such as deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance, that Medicare does not cover.

While Medicare covers a substantial portion of healthcare costs for seniors, it does not cover everything. For instance, Medicare only covers 80% of the cost of certain medical services. This means that individuals are responsible for paying the remaining 20%, which can be costly for those with chronic conditions or requiring frequent medical attention.

Medigap plans can help save money by filling in these gaps in coverage. For example, if a person on Medicare requires a procedure that costs $10,000, they would have to pay $2,000 out of pocket with traditional Medicare coverage. However, if they have a Medigap plan, their out-of-pocket costs could be significantly lower, or even zero, depending on their plan’s coverage.

In addition to cost savings, Medigap plans offer other benefits, such as flexibility in healthcare provider choice. With traditional Medicare coverage, there are restrictions on which healthcare providers a person can see. However, with Medigap plans, individuals have more freedom to choose their preferred doctors and hospitals.

a medigap plan saves you money

Another benefit of Medigap plans is that they offer guaranteed renewable coverage, meaning that the insurance company cannot cancel the policy as long as the premiums are paid. This can provide seniors with peace of mind, knowing that their coverage will not suddenly disappear.

It is important to note that Medigap plans do come with monthly premiums, and the cost varies depending on the plan’s coverage level and location. However, for seniors who require frequent medical attention, the cost of a Medigap plan can be significantly lower than the out-of-pocket expenses they would incur without it.

In conclusion, Medigap can be a great option for seniors looking to save money on healthcare expenses. With its ability to fill in the gaps in Medicare coverage and provide additional benefits, Medigap plans can help seniors maintain their health and financial well-being. If you or a loved one are over 65 and considering a Medigap plan, it is essential to speak with a licensed insurance agent to determine which plan best fits your individual needs and budget.

There are many ways to save with a Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan and one way is to have the best coverage under a specific plan. Learn more here: The Benefits of Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan N

By David Lasman – “Ask Medicare Dave” | President – Senior Healthcare Team | 866-333-7340

Selecting the right healthcare plan through Medicare can be overwhelming and downright stressful. Senior Healthcare Team is a nationwide resource that provides guidance and support about Medicare to seniors at no cost to them and helps them to choose the most suitable insurance plan tailored to their specific needs and budget.  Our goal is to educate and empower our clients to make the best decisions regarding their healthcare and clear up the confusion of Medicare.  At Senior Healthcare Team, we aren’t partial to any one insurance company.  Our loyalty is to our clients and our mission is to provide them with the best healthcare options at the very lowest cost.Top of Form

To Learn the truth about Medicare, watch all of our FREE Medicare Tutorial Videos by clicking HERE now.