When planning for retirement many retirees and soon-to-be retired boomers are concerned about the financial aspects of retirement planning, but often don’t focus on retirement living.
In other words, deciding what they want to do with the rest of their lives. Financial issues aside, there is a lot retirees can do to make retirement a great time of life.
Here are a few retirement living tips to help ensure you retire happy and enjoy the life you’ve earned to the fullest:
1. Increase your financial stability If you can’t afford to retire yet. What about partial retirement? Do you have the opportunity to downsize your life? Many seniors are unlocking the money from their large and now hard to maintain homes in order to simplify and downsize their lives while freeing up money for what matters most during their retirement years.
2. Develop new friendships. Studies say that those who have strong social networks are 30 percent happier with their lives than those without a strong network of friends. Certain retirement options can offer an instant social network by virtue of walkable communities with resident run social clubs and activities which foster the opportunity to make new friends easily.
3. Stay healthy and active When you feel good, it’s easier to stay positive and open to new experiences. Be sure to eat well, watch your weight and above all stay active. Retirement options vary greatly in their commitment to active lifestyles. Retirees looking to lead an active and healthy lifestyle should look for options with built in fitness facilities, pools, tennis courts, walking and biking paths, golf courses and much more.
4. Stay connected Retirees come from all walks of life. Some are couples, while others are single. Whether part of a couple, or single, surrounding yourself with meaningful connections is important. Retirement options that lend themselves to establishing connections is a great way to stay engaged – places where retirees have similar interests and hobbies, look out for one another, and help each other out when in need.
5. Do what you love Now is your time to sit back, relax and truly enjoy life. Retirees can easily set themselves up for success in this department by choosing a care-free lifestyle. Consider downsizing in order to free up time and money spent on a large mortgage payment and cumbersome ongoing home maintenance or consider downsizing and embracing the snowbird lifestyle.
By David Lasman – “Ask Medicare Dave” | President – Senior Healthcare Team
wwww.SeniorHealthcareTeam.com | 866-333-7340
Selecting the right healthcare plan through Medicare can be overwhelming and downright stressful. Senior Healthcare Team is a nationwide resource that provides guidance and support about Medicare to seniors at no cost to them and helps them to choose the most suitable insurance plan tailored to their specific needs and budget. Our goal is to educate and empower our clients to make the best decisions regarding their healthcare and clear up the confusion of Medicare. At Senior Healthcare Team, we aren’t partial to any one insurance company. Our loyalty is to our clients and our mission is to provide them with the best healthcare options at the very lowest cost.